Last Modified: June 25, 2020
Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect your Personal Information in the course of providing our Services to you. Among the types of personal information that we collect, there are:
- Information you give to us: We collect information that you provide to us in relation to our Services. When you create an account with us or when you make a purchase, we collect your full name, email address, postal address, account log-in credentials, and credit card information. When you communicate with us, including when you request customer support or any information, respond to our emails or contact us by phone, we may collect additional information needed and that you choose to disclose.
- Information from Other Sources: We may collect information from you from other sources, including our service providers or our affiliates. For example: marketing, sales generation, and recruitment information, including your name, email address, physical address, or other similar contact information.
You are responsible for any third-party Personal Information obtained, published, or shared through our Services and confirm that you have the third party’s consent to provide the Personal Information to us.
How We Use Personal Information
Our purposes for using Personal Information include:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Services, including tag management, user database management, analytics, content performance and features testing (A/B testing).
- To provide customer care and support.
- To provide you with updates and other information relating to our Services, provide information that you request, and respond to comments and questions.
- For marketing purposes, such as developing and providing promotional and advertising materials that may be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you, including notice of upgraded or new services.
- To facilitate transactions, billing, and payment.
- To de-identify and aggregate information collected through our Services and use it for lawful purpose.
- To comply with our legal obligations and enforce our legal rights, such as, among other things, to exercise contractual rights, to comply with financial reporting obligations, court orders, warrants, or subpoenas in accordance with applicable law.
- To detect, investigate and prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise.
- For any purpose with your consent. We may ask for your consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
How We Share Information
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information we receive with our service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Services and to support our business. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. For example: data storage companies.
- Business or Asset Transfer: We may release or otherwise disclose your information in connection with any merger, sale, liquidation or other transfer of all or part of our business or assets. In such case, we will transfer your information, including Personal Information as permitted by applicable law.
- As required by Law: We release Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of us, our clients, you, or others, or to respond to your request.
- With Your Consent: We may ask for your consent to use your Personal Information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not intended for children, and we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16, you may use our Services only with the involvement and
Third Party Websites and Links
This Privacy Notice also does not apply to any products, services, websites, or content that are offered by third parties or have their own privacy notice, including links contained on our website for news and other information.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites which are linked to or integrated with our Services. You should check the privacy policies of such other sites before providing your Personal Information to them. For example:
We take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Personal Information.
The Personal Information processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition, in some cases, the Personal Information may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of our Services (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by us. Your Personal Information is only accessible to a limited number of personnel who need access to the information to perform their duties. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please alert us via the “Contact Us” section below immediately.
International Data Transfer
To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred information, you can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Information. Additionally, through our third-party vendors such as payment processor Stripe, your information may be transferred to other locations around the world.
If broader protection standards are applicable, you are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Personal Information transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by us to safeguard your information.
If any such transfer takes place, you can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with us using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Information shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
Personal Information collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between us and you shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
Personal Information collected for the purposes of our legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. You may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by us within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting us.
We may be allowed to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain Personal Information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Information shall be deleted.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from us at any time. Please see the “Contact Us” section below.
Additional Information for Certain Jurisdictions
a) Residents of the European Economic Area
- Controller of Personal Information: The entity responsible for the collection and processing of Personal Information for residents of the EEA is Cohost AI Inc., [2020 Kittredge St, Apt 405, Berkeley, CA, 94704]
- Processing: Personal Information may be processed on one or more of the following legal bases:
You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction, objection, and data portability by communicating with us under the “Contact Us” section below.
b) California Consumers
This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers as well as the rights of California consumers under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”).
Your Rights: As a California consumer and subject to certain limitations under the CCPA, you have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
Exercising the right to know. You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the Personal Information we have collected about you during the past 12 months:
the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
the categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information.
the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the personal information.
the categories of third parties with whom we shared the Personal Information; and
the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose.
Exercising the right to delete. You may request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you, subject to certain limitations under applicable law.
Exercising the right to opt-out from a sale. You may request to opt out of any “sale” of your Personal Information that may take place.
Non-discrimination. The CCPA provides that you may not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. We will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
Categories of personal information collected: The Personal Information that we may collect, or may have collected from consumers in the preceding twelve months, fall into the following categories established by the CCPA: your name, alias, postal address, and email address, and credit card numbers.
Categories of Personal Information disclosed for a business purpose: The personal information that we may have disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding twelve months fall into the following categories established by the CCPA: your name, alias, postal address, and email address, and credit card numbers.
Categories of third parties your Personal Information was disclosed to for business purpose: Affiliates and service providers.
No Sale of Personal Information: In the preceding twelve months, we have not sold any Personal Information of consumers, as those terms are defined under the CCPA.To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact us through “Contact Us” section below. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. Authentication based on a government-issued and valid identification document may be required.
Phone Number: 209-286-6401
Email address: email@example.com
Mailing address: 2020 Kittredge St, Apt 405, Berkeley, CA, 94704